Re: Again Database Storage Approach...

Quoting Preben Randhol (randhol@pvv.org):
> from the web-page:
>
>   The Harvest indexer offers a distributed solution to the problems of
>   indexing data made available on the web.
>
> I think this is somewhat different from the discussion. Also I think
>From the article:
Supported File-formats:
C, C-Header (*.h), dvi, Framemaker, HTML, Mail, Makefiles, Manpages,
News, PDF, Postscript, RFC, RCS, RTF, SGML, WordPerfect, (La)Tex, etc.

That's much more than I myself need to be happy.
According to the article, those documents don't have to be available
on the net. It is possible to use http-, ftp-, nntp- and gopher-server
as well as the local file system.

That's all I need.

--
CU,
   Patrick

"Funny. Just when you think live can't get any worse, it suddenly does."
Marvin