RE: KDE and GNOME question...

> First off thanks a lot for the hints on adding KDE items to the gnome
> (reading your script made things a lot clearer).  I, however, have a couple
> of questions for you.  (1) your script uses the csh shell (which I am not
> familar with) and when I try to run it I get "Word to long" error.  I am
> presently trying to rewrite it in the bash shell, but it would be nice to
> see it work.  (2) How do you run KDE programs outside of KDE?  I can login
> as a user with kde as the default and everything works fine, but when I
> login into GNOME I can't get any KDE app to work -- they all complain about
> "unresolved symbol" of one kind or another.  I figure that starting KDE
> starts somthing that prevents this, but I am not sure what.  I am running
> KDE 1.1 BTW.  Thanks again for you help.

The script runs fine  here - very odd =OZ

You need to make sure you have the current QT and KDE libraries on your library
path ($LD_LIBRARY_PATH), or set up in /etc/ld.so.conf, or whatever you do on
your OS.

Find out what LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to when you're in KDE, and set it to that
for *all* your accounts.  Then it works =O)

Well, for me.

Good luck with my script - hope you sort that out.

Mark.