RE: folders

<rant> you asked for it :) ( I wont be meen )
as to the gmc team statement, right click on your desktop, go to new....
DIRECTORY, there is no folder. therefore i would surmize that the gmc team
was thinking directory and not folder ....
the gmc team correctly labeled the directory a directory :)

like you said, you can represent a directory with different icons...
it has been chosen to represent a directory with the "folder" looking
icon...

(also note the icon on your desktop called "Home directory")

It is more what is shown with text that is important then what it looks
like...
If it says new folder, they will call it a folder...
if you call it new directory, people will call it a directory...
it happened between 3.1 and 95,
and it can be fixed from 95 to unix :)
</rant>

bin fun ranting with u :)