gmc suggestions

I would like to offer the following suggestions for gmc:

1) The behaviour of the tree in the left pane should be such that clicking
on a plus sign to expand a branch should not change the focus of the right
pane.  The focus of the right pane should only change if the folder in the
left pane is either selected via a single-click, or expanded via a
double-click.  This facilitates operations in which a file to be moved is
selected in the right pane, and then branches in the left pane are expanded
to expose the desired destination folder.

2) My first suggestion would also require that all unexpanded folders in the
tree of the left pane have a plus sign by default.  The plus sign would
disappear if the folder is selected and shown to not contain any
sub-directories.  At present the plus sign is only visible if the folder has
already been expanded and child directories are exposed.

3) Folder icons in the tree in the left pane should appear open when the
folder is clicked on to view the contents.  This facilitates easy
identification of the folder whose contents are being displayed in the right
pane.  At present I believe a folder's icon will only appear open in the
tree if it is a "parent" direcotry which has been expanded to expose its
"children".  If a directory with no sub-directories is either selected or
double clicked, its icon in the tree still appears closed.

Ned