Re: Having installation Problems Here is the Ansewer

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Jarrod McReynolds wrote:

> First this is what I did to get my installation to work and I think that
> anyone following the installation directions that has not worked with this
> stuff before may have the same problems that I had.
>
> 	After Removing the Glib and GTK+ Devel libaries using RPM -e you
> need to install the GLIB10 and GTK+10 rpm's but inorder to do this you have
> to use this syntax. rpm -Uvh  - -force glib10*  and then rpm -Uvh - -force
> glib10* then move the GTK and GLIB files and run the Final Wildcard rpm
> install using the rpm -Uvh *.rpm and that should make it work.

The easiest way to do it doesn't involve "--force" or "--nodeps" at all.
Just do:

rpm -Uvh glib10-1.0.6-4.i386.rpm gtk+10-1.0.6-4.i386.rpm glib-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm gtk+-1.2.0-2.i386.rpm

all on one line.  The glib10 and gtk+10 packages satisfy the dependencies
of the older versions of glib and gtk, while the new versions upgrade the
actual package.

-Gleef