Re: gnome-lib-1.0.5 compile problems

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Yes, but does anyone know why /pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0/sources/ has
> >  ORBit-0.4.0.tar.gz, but /pub/GNOME/sources/ORBit/ has
> >  ORBit-0.4.2.tar.gz?
>
> Fixed :-)
>
>   Federico

Well, if it's that easy to change the source to "gnome-1.0" how is anyone
supposed to know what version of gnome they have?  The above would suggest
to me that "gnome-1.0" essentially means NOTHING.  Perhaps removing that
directory entirely would be a good idea.  On the other hand, you could add
a directory "gnome-1.1" etc.

I detect a chronic lack of decision on EXACTLY what packages and what
VERSIONS of those packages comprise a given "gnome-X.Y" release.

-Matt