Re: Isn't it time for a newsgroup^H^H^H^H digest?

   On 29 Mar 1999, Marius Vollmer wrote:
   > mark@hoist.nlcomm.com writes:
   >
   > > How about a list digest first?
   >
   > I don't know how digests really work (I'm not reading any), but how
   > suited are they for discussing things, compared to just summarizing
   > announcements?

   Bad for active discussion, but they are great for the lurkers who are to
   timid to post anyway.  I don't think anyone wants the entire list to turn
   into a digest, but if the mailing list software offers it as an option,
   many would be interested.

Exactly.  I like to read once or twice a day instead of a message
every minute.

Mark