Re: gtk-engines broken.

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 01:27:43PM -0800, Sri Ramkrishna was heard to say:

> Has anybody figured what causes gtk-engines to break when you try to load
> an image from a dialog?
>
> gtk-engines 0.5 seems to break using gtk 1.2.1 seems to break when you do
> things like:
>
> o load a pixmap from the Foot->Panel->this panel's attributes->load
> background.
> o gmc: replace desktop icon
>
> In each case, it happens when you try to load up something from a file
> dialog or a pixmap view dialog.  In the first case, it won't even be able
> to show a thumbnail.
>
> In what cases would a bad pixmap drawable error show up?  Memory not being
> reserved to load a pixmap?
>
> Just thinking out loud because this thing is really irritating the crap
> outta me.
>
> 	sri

  In e-conf, when you try to load a new background image, the applet dies
if it tries to display a preview of a non-image file.  Unfortunately I can't
reproduce it offhand because I've disabled preview in the e-conf file selector
in my local copy so that I can use the dialog.  This may or may not be
related to what you brought up...

  Daniel

--
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of