Re: Startup app? Possible bug or user error?

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:14:35 PST, "Mark C. Langston" wrote:

>  I've tried varying the order in which I enter the apps, and have
>verified that it's always and only the last app entered that is
>retained.  I've also looked at the ~/.gnome/session file and verified
>that only this app is entered in the appropriate line for it.

[snip]

>  So...err, am I doing something wrong here, or is something actually
>broken?

Nope, I think that's a genuine bug.  I reported it to the bug-tracker
several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything.  (BTW, are developers'
messages when bugs are fixed forwarded to the person who reports a
bug?)

The latest gnome-core release announcement indicated that there had
been significant changes in the session management code; I haven't
had a chance to install it yet, so I can't say if they fixed it.
(The ChangeLog indicates that the GUI was redone, which might have,
though.)

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal