swallow WM dock apps

Hi there,

I upgraded my gnome to the latest versions frm source this weekend, because s.o once wrote a message
saying this
helps with a lot of problems.

But I still can't make my panel swallow the damn WM dock apps (like wmbattery, wmpop3,....) the
panel
is creating some space for it, but the applet is showing up in the screen, not the panel..

HAS ANYBODY EVER GOT THE PANEL TO SWALLOW ANYTHING AT ALL???????????????

or is this a currently unsupported feature, which will be implemented in the future...

my sytem is
kernel 2.2.2
XFree86 3.3.3
gtk+/glib 1.2.1