Re: Gnome Terminal Suggestion/Question

James Henstridge wrote:

> Sorry about that last message.  I pressed the wrong button.
> gnome-terminal currently only knows about the shell process it spawned.
> The shell handles which processes are stoped/running/current.  So to get
> the desired effect, the shell would have to tell gnome-terminal what to
> put in the title bar.
>
> In xterm, there is an escape sequence that you can use to change the title
> bar (console MC uses this).  I don't think gnome-terminal recognises this
> sequence though.  If you use xterm, or the ZvtTerm widget was extended to
> handle this escape sequence, you may be able to get the desired effect by
> setting PS1.

What is the ZvtTerm widget?

Would it be possible to write shell script to send the escape sequence
when ever a command is executed?

Also how difficult would it be to get gnome-terminal to recognize this
sequence?  In addition a menu item to change the title bar would be
appreciated.

Also is it possible to find out the current foreground process in a
terminal using libgtop or even ps?

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com