Re: Gnome Terminal Suggestion/Question

Sorry about that last message.  I pressed the wrong button.

gnome-terminal currently only knows about the shell process it spawned.
The shell handles which processes are stoped/running/current.  So to get
the desired effect, the shell would have to tell gnome-terminal what to
put in the title bar.

In xterm, there is an escape sequence that you can use to change the title
bar (console MC uses this).  I don't think gnome-terminal recognises this
sequence though.  If you use xterm, or the ZvtTerm widget was extended to
handle this escape sequence, you may be able to get the desired effect by
setting PS1.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au