panel idea

I think it would be nice to have a "panel" sub-menu off of the usual
"remove from panel", "move", "about", and "properties" for most panel
items. my rational is this: it is on the main gnome menu, allowing access
to things such as add applet, but I usually have two panels, one withought
a menu. I also like a padding of 0pxls between launchers/applets. this
means I have to find that one pixel on the edge of the panel if I want to
add more things to the panel. This is impossible if you have a large
virtual desktop where the WM owns the mouse pointer on the edge of the
screen.
I admit it would be ugly to have one unrelated option on a
launcher/applet's right click menu, so maby it could only be active on
corner panels or when the user says so or when the spacing is < some real
value n...
would this be a good thing?

PS
I fixed the problem I was having by rebooting (and loosing my 12day uptime
:-(