Re: gnome-libs-1.0.5 and gtk+1.2.1

In message <rPGHGBAcfW$2EwdW@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk>, James Green
<gnome@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk> writes

[ snip ]

>So I guess make uninstall won't work as it will get rid of 1.2.1
>versions. So how do backtrack? Should I make uninstall on the 1.2.1 gtk,
>then glib, then untar the original 1.2.0, make and install them, then
>uninstall these and then start again?

OK, I'll save you all the bother of replying - I tried it and it didn't
work.

mc latest finds GTK+ >= 1.2.0 fine and configures for it fine, but
gnome-libs-1.0.5 refuses to see it properly.

Perhaps this is a bug somewhere? Anyone else managed to get gnome-libs-
1.0.5 to compile with GTK+-1.2.1?

--
James Green