Re: gettext ... strikes back

>    Make sure you have egcsobjc installed on your system. Make a link from
>gcc to the egcs objc comiler (they should both be in /bin, i think). Then
>gnome-objc will configure. Second, you need to disable NLS in everything if
>you disable it in other packages. So go back and recompile gnome-libs with
>the --disable-nls flag.

 I am now using egcs, and gnome-objc-1.0.2 configured and compiled fine.
 Thank you Spud.

 About gnome-libs-1.0.5, if I configure them with --disable-nls, all
 the final tests fail; they succeed otherwise. I do not dislike
 gettext, provided it works. My gnome-libs are now compiled and
 installed using gettext, as well as gnome-core. It is not clear to me
 whether an application could be configured with --disable-nls against
 gnome-libs that was instead compiled using gettext.

Sergio