Re: gnome aware palm pilot program?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Michael Perry wrote:

> I have seen a reference to a gnome aware palm pilot program on various
> websites focusing on unix palm software.  The link that is listed on
> the palm-archives site is busted.  Does anyone have any info on this
> program?  Is there a gnome-aware or gtk program that will do palm pilot
> synching along with pilot-link?  I just compiled kpilot for a friend's
> suse system and it now seems to work with korganizer quite well or at
> least I am told.  Xnotesplus also seems to provide some pilot notes and
> addressbook support.
> I am quite interested in purchasing one of the pilot 3s and would like
> to be able to synch data on my linux system with it.  I also have a
> velo 500 which links quite well with an NT system I had.  This is a
> windowsce device though.
> Thanks.

The gnome-pilot project is working toward this goal.  The mailing list is
gnome-pilot@gnome.org, I believe.

Currently, there is a nice panel applet that will sync your pilot using
the gpilotd daemon.  There is also a control-center applet to configure
the daemon.  You can link to the webpage through the gnome software map at
www.gnome.org.

Now the problem here is that there are really no conduits for gnome
programs yet.  As soon as I pass my PhD generals(in late may), if no one
has already done so, I am going to try to write these conduits.  If you
are so inclined you could try to start writing them :)

Manish