a funny thing happened - gnome's replacement of important files.

it is an interesting situation that enlightenment almost REQUIRES a
three button mouse, or at least a three button emulation on a two button
mouse.  with this I have no problem.  I like lots of buttons.  However,
I have a touchpad built into my keyboard, and so I can't just nip off to
the store and get a mouse with three buttons.  So I try the emulation
method.  I had originally intended to do this in the first place, but
apparently it didn't "take", and my two button clicks do nothing at
all.  asking around, I determined that the likely place to change this
was in linuxconf.  interestingly enough, however, gnome replace
linuxconf with its own program.  this is hardly upsetting in and of
itself, except that this program that was perfectly fine on its own, has
been replaced by one that does not work due to the tangled mass of
incomprehensible libraries that it cannot find.
my first suggestion - in the future, rename linuxconf to linuxconf.old
or some such.  or name your new program something different. but PLEASE
don't remoce from the system the ability to function without running X.
I'm more than slightly irritated.

I assume that copying linuxconf from another system will not be a
problem?
--
- The Hitchhiker

"The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a
great truth is also true."
				-Neils Bohr