Am I missing something, or are these "features"? ;)

Just downloaded gnome (including the updated RPMs), and it's
a big improvement on the 0.x versions!

Up to now, I've tried KDE and Gnome, on and off, and always
went back to my stock X + WM configuration, but I will stick
with Gnome now...

However.. ;)

When I first set up Gnome I thought it'd be fun to play with
the sounds, so I set both gnome and the windowmanager (enlightenment)
to use sound. Unfortunately, one of these seems to have
opened the sound device(s?), and kept them open.

I've since turned off the multimedia functions in Gnome, and in
the wm, AND I've restarted X/Gnome, but none of my other apps
can access the sound (can't open /dev/dsp, or /dev/audio).
Any ideas?

Also, I have a 3x2 desktop, and the panel no longer shows either
the mini-virtual desktop thingy, or any of my applications that
are running as buttons. I guess these are connected -- I can
live without the virtual desktop do-dah, but not being able to
minimise my windows without losing them altogether is _very_
annoying.

Finally (bet you thought you'd never get to the end!), a question
about enlightenment (probably not the best place to ask, but
since I'm in a questioning mood...) themes. The enlightenment
rpm I installed has themes BrushedMetal-Tigert, Clean,
ShinyMetal and icE (under the /usr/share/enlightenment/themes
dir), but the e-conf tool only shows the first three. I don't
start enlightenment (gnome-session does it for me), so how do
I either get enlightenment to "see" all the themes in this dir,
or pass parameters to enlightenment on start up (I was thinking
specifically of the -theme parameter...)?

TIA,

	-Duncan