Re: A Common Error.... (but I fixed it)

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh, Ok, I got it......

I did another search on the web, found a few more posts on it, and realised
I had made a mistake...
(not that I am telling people how to do  their thing, but there needs to be
some documentation that is a little more accurate (I will mail the doc
people about it :-) I didn't have the start up correct).

Ok, I have it running, and it rocks!

Feels nice so far, and I feel like I have more control over my filespace
than under Linux (only having a kernel to interact with makes you feel very
insignificant in a very large filespace where looking for a file means
typing out lots of directories like 'SuperLong case sensitive
name.4.2.5-2.53.-24.6' ) I am new to linux (you mean you couldn't tell?:-)
and simply suggesting putting some reference to a window manager in a start
up files causes frantic dashes to the toilet. It was this sort of thing
that was the problem, and it is a VERY regular problem in the Linux world.
Its probably this reason that the Nesgroups are flooded with problems. I
consider myself a fairly capable problem solver and have managed to get as
far as I have wanted so far, but it has been a veeeery long haul! :-)

Love the software, and looking forward to playing tomorrow night with it
(since its 3am now :-)

Regards all,

Andy

3D Delphi Photorealistic Components :