UI ideas

I've been comming up with a list of some UI thoughts I've had for GNOME...

	On the Gnome menu, you can point to any section (such as Graphics)
you get the contense of that menu with a title on it. if you right click
on that title, you get a drop down. It seams inconsistant not to be able
to right click on the item in the gnome menu. Is there any reason not to
include this option?

	Similarly, when one does right click, the menu has the following
personal menu and properties. I find it quite anoying that there's no "add
new launcher" but instead I have to go into the menu editor for that which
semes counterintuitive (because you have to go somewhere else entirely to
change something with no clue that that's how to do it)

	When I've got the panel with some wide app (such as the cd plyer
on a vertical panel) I am annoied by the amount of screen space that is
going to waste on my small monitor(800x600) I use two corner panels: one
for the wide stuff, one for the launchers. It'd be better if the panel
could be configured to be wider only where the wide apps are, and
otherwise being the default 50 pixels.

--Ben