printf core dumps under Solaris...

Greetings...

I hope that this kind of thing is right for this list.
Both control-panel and gnome-core use printf in a number of shell
scripts.  (such as gnomepager_applet)
Unfortunately under Solaris 2.5.1 printf core dumps several times
while building and all kinds of things break after installation.
I solved it by renaming /usr/bin/printf and running ./configure and
running make.  Is there a configuration option to achieve the same
thing?

						Miguel

Miguel Marques, York University, Computing & Communications Services
e-mail: miguel@yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830