Re: Desktop Icon question...

Steve Gusz wrote:

> I'm new to GNOME so please bear with me...
>
> When I start GNOME, I have no desktop icons.  I then start the file
> manager, and all my desktop icons come back.  If I close the file
> manager, sometimes the icons stay, other times they dissapear.  Can
> anybody tell me why this happens?

It's because the desktop icons only appear when you're running gmc.  When you
say you close the file manager, you've only closed the file manager part.  Go
ahead and double click on one of the folder icons (like Home) and you'll see
that you never really quit the file manager.

Of course, I'm no GNOME expert and I could be completely wrong.

Ray Clouse                                  I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I EAT LARD.
Cypress, CA USA
Ray.Clouse AT boeing.com
rclouse AT atdot.org