Re: Proper Startup

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Glenn wrote:
> Oh well I spoke to soon regarding getting gnome-session to work
> well. I exited several times and restarted over a couple hour period
> and everything was working well. Later on last night I was in a
> session with a couple of xterms, Netscape and I opened timetool form
> gnome. I closed that up and then was looking at something else, what
> I'm not sure, then all of a sudden things started closing on there
> own and ICEwm started up. I exited out and tried to restart and all
> I got was seg faults. I rebooted and it was still no good, deleted
> my session file again, ran gnome-session from an xterm, started
> wmaker and then shutdown gnome. Started it up again I was back where
> I was a couple of days ago, where gonmoe-session will not recognize
> wmaker.

I'm sorry to hear that.

> I'm back to the panel for a while now until gnome-core is updated
> vai rpm.

Might be a good plan.  The code used to handle window managers in
gnome-session was changed since the last release.  The next RPMs
should have the new code, where you can just set the WINDOW_MANAGER
environment variable to the window manager you want (probably with
path).

Best of Luck,
-Gleef