Re: Problems with GNOME, reposting

Brady Hegberg wrote:

> I've encountered this problem also - I fixed it by rebooting the machine.

That shouldn't be neccessary. Maybe when running some other OS, maybe from
MS... ;)

Basically if something seems screwy, log out and see if anything from an old
session still is running... if it is, kill it and try again.

That usually works for me. Sometimes I have to remove ~./gnome  or some
files/directories in there, e.g. panel.d.

Of course, even that shouldn't be neccessary. The best solution would be if
gnome-session never died or screwed up files :)

Richard