Re: Invisible Panel: Whoohoo!

Yes, folks, ORBit was the problem. If you check out the
FOR_PANEL branch (ie cvs -z3 checkout -r FOR_PANEL ORBit),
everything is hoopy again. Many thanks to everyone who replied
to my post.

Out of interest, is there a record anywhere of which branches
people should be checking out? I stumbled onto gtk/glib only
after I'd updated them and all of a sudden a) various language
bindings didn't compile, and b) they didn't work, and told me
to go and check out the appropriate versions. There was no such
warning apparent in the ORBit case. I can't see anything in
gnome-announce-list in the last couple of months. It's a bit nasty
for people to be updating on a reasonably regular basis, only to
have everything break when the tree gets moved and they didn't
know. There's also that much traffic in gnome-list that it's
impossible to read every message.

Where are such things announced?

Tom