RE: gnome compliant window managers

The best solution (In my own opinion) is to have the window manger capplet
check to see if a window manager is defined and if not prompt the user for
his/her choice of default wm on startup.

so,
joe bob installs gnome.
joe runs gnome for the first time
he gets a nice pritty list of all window managers installed on his box so he
can choose which wm he likes

it would be minor (I think) to reprogram the wm capplet to do this. most of
the code is already there