sound-properties crash

Package: control-center
Version: CVS 03-21-99

  If I repeatedly try to select and Play sound items for which the corresponding
file does not exist, the program dies with:
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

  This happens the second time that I click Play on an option with a missing
file and doesn't seem to be related to what I do in between (eg, playing options
that -do- correspond to real files).  Sometimes I get a segmentation fault or
some other badness after a window pops up momentarily obscuring the whole
screen; for example:

Illegal instruction
Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0x4000147

Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0x4000147

Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0x4000147

  Daniel

--
  Believe in the Great God Om or be stricken with thunderbolts?
  Is that the way it always has to be?

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_