RE: gnome compliant window managers

> Well, the wm selector capplet most of the way written...
> when someone first sets up gnome he/she will be prompted for what window
> manager he/she wants to use.
>
> Then gnome is not tied to any window manager :)

How do you propose to detect each windowmanager?  I'm assuming that you
are going to give a detected list of windowmanagers instead of making the
user type it in.  Of course there should be an option to put a path in as
well.

I'm not very familiar with the other distributions, but do all of them put
their window managers in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin?

In my opinion, there should be a configuration program that will ask a
couple of simple options and create the environment from that.  Something
to think about.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/