Re: Problems with ORBit.0.4.0

> Jon Arild Tørresdal wrote:
> > Hello there.
> > I'm trying to get e-comf to work at our network on the university. And I
> > can't get ORBit to compile. If sombody recognice this problem:
> >
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/Home/sstud2/s146/src/ORBit-0.4.0/src/orb'
> > ../../src/idl-compiler/orbit-idl --noskels
> > ../../src/daemons/interface_repository/interface_repository.idl
> > indent: usage: indent file [ outfile ] [ options ]
> > make[3]: *** [interface_repository.h] Broken Pipe
> >
> > and know what I can to to fiks it, please send me some hints.
> >
> > When I tryed the 'orbit-idl' command, I got the error:
> >
> > 	indent: usage: indent file [ outfile ] [ options ]
> > 	Broken pipe
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
>
> I can, but you didn't write which OS you're using, so I can't tell
> you how to fix it exactly. ORBit expects to work with GNU indent.
> You could either get that one, and make sure it's in your PATH in
> front of any other, or you could change the source a bit.
>
> In src/idl-compiler/main.c there is a #define for INDENT macro.
> Change it to suit your indent's needs.

Or better: use 'configure --disable-indent'
or edit config.h and comment

	#define HAVE_INDENT 1

I still don't understand why configure doesn't check for gnu indent
instead of blindly assuming every one has gnu indent installed. (Elliot?)

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl