Re: Dead Midnight Commander -- 2nd request

David,

Yes, this is the conclusion I've come to... Why does only "mc" and "mcserv"
require glibc2.1 though? I did check through the mailing list archive at
www.gnome.org - must have missed it.

Also, I don't know if I've already mentioned this, but I downloaded all of
the up dated gnome packages from RedHat's Starbuck directory and **all** of
them required glibc2.1. A few days later, the same packages showed up at the
gnome mirrors that did *not* require glibc2.1. It appears that mc and mcserv
slipped through though.

Do I have any other options besides upgrading to glibc2.1 or compiling it
myself (which I tried last night...late - needless to say, I got enough
errors that it didn't "make". More on that later.) ?

Thanks,
Hall