gmc is scary now

Hi,

I installed the new gnome-cores and gmc rpm packages and I am impressed
with the new polished features. The menu reconfig with the "settings"
submenus is very well done, and gmc's new "open with" box is really nice.

But the scariest thing has been happening to me. Now this will not be a
very good bug report because I really cannot reproduce it reliably, but
in certain situations, a gmc action makes my desktop freeze.

It happens sometimes when I do a "rescan mountable devices" and sometimes
with a "rescan desktop". I cannot reproduce it reliably, but when it
happens the desktop freezes: I can move the mouse but not highlight any
windows, choose any menus, or even press any enlightenment window buttons.

With E's keyboard shortcuts for changing desktops, I can sometimes get a
Terminal window focused on, and if I give the "killall gmc" command,
everything goes back to normal, and the million frantic mouseclicks I gave
during the freeze get executed.

I created a fresh account, and running gnome from it seemed better, but
even still it seems to happen occasionally.

Now I realize there is probably some bonehead mistake on my part which
causes this behavior to happen but it worried me so much I thought I would
write the list to see if anyone else has noticed it.

-FDS