Looking for Gnome error message interpreter

I just installed the rpms. All of them I'm pretty sure. But after I type
"startx" at the prompt, I get the following messages:

--------------
System:
'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp -w -1 -R/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb -xkm -m -em1
"The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkb comp) reports:" -emp"> "-eml
"Errors from xkb comp are not fatal to the X server"
Keymap/xfree86    compiled/xfree86.xkm'     gnome-session: error in loading
shared libraries    /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
__register_frame_info

waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.

In addition, as I was installing the RPMs, I got the following error
messages:

cannot remove C_Messages directory not empty
cannot remove Redmond (or something like this) directory not empty
cannot remove Pixmap directory not empty
cannot remove Motif directory not empty
cannot remove Metal directory not empty

Any help will be appreciated.