Re: gnome-session

sorry, forgot something in my reply. are you using the tarballs or the
RPMs? also, are you getting any error messages, such as 'GDK-ERROR**: an
x io error occurred, aborting...'? i am using compiled tarballs and just
copied default.session to ~/.gnome/session, but that doesn't seem to
work for you.

http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq