Re: Gnome keeps hanging, why?

  I was having a similar problem a while ago; in my case, I finally worked out
that something was sending SIGSTOP to X and all its children.  (I still don't
know what).  I *think* that it may have been related either to the [earlier]
version of Enlightenment that I was using or to some weird ssh stuff I was
doing.  Try switching to another terminal when it freezes up, do an strace or
ps or top or some other such thing and see if it's still running.

  Daniel
--
  Fate always wins...at least, when people stick to the rules.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Interesting Times_