Gettext and LIBC5 users

    I have had problems getting gettext 0.10.35 to work on my slackware
libc5 system, e.g. configure scripts would not find gettext in libc.
Apparently this is just one of the many differences between libc5 and
glibc2. However, i think I found a way to have gettext work correctly. When
installing gettext, configure it with the --with-gnu-gettext flag, which
will generate the need libintl.a...hope this helps anyone having problems.