Re: Gfx and Imlib problems

    No, it makes and installs fine. But the only libz i have is libz.a,
can't find a libtiff anywhere.

> I am using current versions of both of
> these, but they refuse to build shared libraries. They both pass 'make
test'
> but they will not install shared libraries, and they don't have
> a --enable-shared option, like most other libraries do. I have tried
> compiling multiple times with libtool 1.2d and now with libtool 1.2f. Does
> anyone have any ideas?

"they will not install shared libraries".  Do they create the shared libs
but refuse to install them (you aren't root, or the destdir !exist), or do
they not create shared libs (something's f'd up.)  What platform is this?