configure

This may not be the right place to ask, but I'll ask it anyway.

1)  Why is it that when I configure one element of gnome, it manages to configure and finds the right version of imlib and when trying to configure another element I have to use the --disable-imlib-test option.

I do ldconfig between each install of a library and in one particular case I manually removed every reference to imlib in my system (in case there were old versions hanging around , waiting to get in the way), reinstalled imlib 1.9.4, did an ldconfig, and reconfigured two of the elements.  Result: One found Imlib and one didn't!!!!

'Something strange this way comes'

Thanks for all the good work guys

Greg