Re: gnome-ppp

His was the same problem that was occuring for me, and the pap-secrets
file was the fix for mine. The fact that the connection was established
simply means that he correctly inserted the phone number into the Account
setup; the fact that a PPP link was never established implies that no
authentification was verified.