Re: Updated gnome-* RPMs

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 09:13:52AM -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:

> compilation of the tarballs from a fresh RH5.2 install?  I've been trying
> for about a week now, and have several (I think) consistent issues with
> a few of the tarballs that have not been covered on the lists, or elsewhere.

I had no problems installing on a RH5.1 with all the upgrades and the
recommended upgrades of the GNU tools.  I used rpms only for the
graphics libs and ImageMagick and some non-Gnome libs where available.

If anyone is interested, I can work up all the information on my system.

The only remaining bugs in programs I use are small ones.  I don't use
gmc and run Gnome-session from an xterm.

I did rebuild everything, including icewm, which had library problems
once gtk and beyond were updated.  I didn't track down which lib updates
were responsible for breaking that.

Looks good, by the way.

Various friends who have interest in sounds have been emailing about mp3
players.  One is working on a new player now.  Details under a proper
header when I hear more from him, or email me to get in touch with him
directly.

--
Rebecca Ore