do i have to recompile the whole thing upgrading 1.0.1 to 1.0.3?

Hi guys,
        sorry for disturbing you (and you great job) with this lamer
question...:-)

I've downloaded sources of gnome 1.0.1, compiled and installed.
Everything is working good!!!
Now, I've noticed that 1.0.3 is out, and I'd like to upgrade:
the question is: do I have to compile only:

gnome-core-1.0.3.tar.gz
gnome-libs-1.0.3.tar.gz
gnome-pim-1.0.3.tar.gz
control-center-1.0.2.tar.gz

and install them, or do I need to recompile the whole thing except
the old files (such as gnome-core-1.0.1, etc...) and throw away my
"/opt/gnome" directory?

Any help would be very appreciated...

Thanx a lot in advance and keep going on:

Riccardo.