Re: fun with rpm manipulation

Chris Mayes wrote:

> After spening much time wrestling with compiling and installing the
> tarballs, I find out that there's a much cleaner way of doing things.  I
> don't remember who mentioned the rpm -tb switch, but it is such a nice
> feature!

What I don't understand is since it's so darned easy why aren't we getting
RPM's for all of the bug fix releases?  It's rather silly to release a
package aimed at novice users and then make them suffer with all the bugs
from the first release.

Mixing tarballs and RPMs is not for the faint of heart.  It's easy to end up
with multiple versions of the same library or executible and then it's all up
to the various path variables to decide which one gets used.   This is
DLL hell all over again.

Richard