Re: GNOME and geometry specifications

One of the problems with getting the toolkit to parse the --geometry
argument is the question of what should it do with it?  Currently GTK+
applications can create as many toplevel windows as they want, and none is
considered more important than any other by the toolkit.

But if the toolkit handles the --geometry argument, then it would have to
know which window the geometry setting applies to (making one window
special).

As for the X resource database, it does have the benefit that it is
associated with the X display rather than the host the application is
running on, but I am not sure how you would map some of the things that
can go in a GTK resource file to Xrdb settings.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/