Re: more GMC ideas

+++ Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 06:53:57PM -0600 +++
R. Steven Rainwater e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On 15 Mar 1999 18:09:16 -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>
> >> Also an option to exec a new panel on a directory when I
> >> double-click on a directory.
> >
> >Use middle-mouse-button to achieve this (same as netscape)
> >
> >Miguel
>
> Hmmmm... I keep seeing lots of gnome-related messages saying
> use the middle button for this or that.  What are we supposed to
> do on a normal two button mouse (which is what I assume 90% of
> us have!).  Are there some sort of keyboard-equivalents to get
> "middle-button" actions on a two-button (or one-button) mouse?

This is not Gnome's job but X's job. A decent X implementation like
XFree86 (which you probably use) allows you to emulate the middle
button by pressing both your buttons at once.

mawa
--
If someone criticises your attitude towards an operating system and
your only answer is "get laid", this indicates that you have either