RE: Super User Launcher

What is this "runas" you speak of. No runas program on my machine (sudo is su, so runas is ra?). Will it basicly run a program with root priviliges, but not AS the root user. Like, if i use "runas gnorpm", will it use my themes, and my general gnome UI choices?

What I was thinking that a privileged user like myself, or maybe multiple users would wan't to run gmc, like with "gnome-run -s gnorpm" (-s being a switch to make it try to run it with root privilages.). This would popup a dialog box that I could type in the root password in. If it was right, I can get gnorpm with root privileges, and I can install programs.

With this method, I could avoid the terminal (silly, but the terminal might scare new users, and opening a terminal just to launch an app can get annoying), and keep my themes consistent with the rest of the desktop. Also, I was thinking one way around this could just be to link the user's ~./gnome directory into the /root directory, but this would not allow multiple priveleged users.

Finally, the whole thing against setuid'ing the hole thing root is becuase I might wan't to avoid some dumb program screwing up the hole system with those types of privileges. NOTE: this last argument is kinda week.