Re: E: netscape won't do manual placement - why?

In message <19990316123138.B9937@tfj.rnd.uni-c.dk>, torben fjerdingstad writes:
+-----
| On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 12:24:29PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
| > Fvwm only does that if you set the NoPPosition option for a particular
| > window style.  If this is not set, fvwm will act like enlightenment does
| > currently.  I think the default config files for fvwm usually set this.
|
| I think you have a point. The fvwm2rc.gnome-0.2 I used as a template
| actually has this:
+--->8

It's also in the stock fvwm2 configuration file.

| P.S. I don't know what NoPPosition means.
+--->8

PPosition is a window manager hint, "program-specified window position".  The
intent is that the program records its last window position while it's
running, and requests that the window position be restored on startup by
setting the PPosition hint.

Unfortunately, many (broken?) programs unconditionally set the PPosition hint
to (0,0).

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu