RE: XYZ has been released

I second that. I have a RedHat 5.2 based system and I've tried before to mix
rpms and tar balls. Last time I did that, things got so messed up that I had
to reinstall things. For some applications, I will use tar balls, but those
are the kinds of things that I put in /usr/local. For systems stuff - and I
think window managers in general qualify here - I really do not want to do
non-RPM installs.

It's strange too since RedHat runs the main site. I would expect they would
provide RPMS pretty fast in this case. But that doesn't seem to be so.

Thanks, Torben