Re: Changing icons

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 stevem12@mindspring.com wrote:
> I normally consolidate my icons to one area  /usr/local/share/pixmaps   and
> create necessary links fot gnome, KDE, Window Maker, etc.  Howver, after I did
> this Gnome kind of choked on it.  Now when I change icons on an app, the
> browser window opens and starts loading all the icons, but crashes Gnome
> completely(panel and all) when it gets about 80% done.  Is this an actual
> limitation of Gnome???

I wouldn't be surprised if you are running out of memory, and so every
application crashes the first time it tries to allocate some. If you run
the program from a terminal and watch what it prints, it might print an
error to that effect. That's the only explanation I can think of for all
of Gnome going down.

If that's not possible can you try to send us a stack trace?

bash$ gdb programname
(gdb) run
[cause crash]
(gdb) bt