Re: Gnome PIM 1.0.3 has been released

On 14 Mar, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>     A new version of gnome-pim has been released.
>
> * Availability:
>
>    ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-pim/gnome-pim-1.0.3.tar.gz
>
> * What is new:
>
> 	* Improved TODO list handling: Now we have a "Due date" for
> 	  the TODO items.  They can be colored with a special color if
> 	  a deadline is met (Clifford R. Conover).
>
> 	* Dayligh savings is properly supported now (Craig A Soules).
>
> 	* Gnomecard ships with documentation
>
> Miguel.

I just upgraded to this version and gnomecard still does not load the
icons at the top of the menu each time.  It will only load the icons
every other time or so.  The calendar application is very nice!!

Thanks for the changes including todo list time management.  I would
like to see an additional appointment type called "event" which would
not show up in the time allocations but at the top of the timebar.
This works nice for setting up events like birthdays and holidays which
do not have a specific time allocation but still occur on a specific
day.  This would also allow for the addition of specific holiday files
for different nationalities which could be loaded and show up as events
and not appointments.

Thanks again!!
--
Michael Perry