Re: [pdorman ihug co nz: Control Center probs / List probs]

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Sender: root@athena.nuclecu.unam.mx
> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:38:36 +1300
> From: Paul Dorman <pdorman@ihug.co.nz>
> To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
> Subject: Control Center probs / List probs
>
> Hi Miguel,
>
> sorry to bother you with this, but I'm not too sure who to email
> regarding the problems I've been having with the gnome-list. I get posts
> just fine, but I am unable to post _to_ the list. Also, I get no
> response when I try to unsubscribe or subscribe from gnome-list-request.
> Could you direct me to the right person with whom I can raise this
> issue?

This problem has already been annoying and irritating many people. Why doesn't
the maling lists page on www.gnome.org mention the fact, that in order to post
to the list or to send subscribe requests the user must be logged in
as some ordinary user, but not as 'root' on his own system?

Henning

--
  H. Henning Vossieck - h.vossieck@ndh.net - http://www.ndh.net/home/vossieck/
   49 2291 3010/6519