update on panel...

Well everything is slowly getting better.  I found some old gdk and
imlib binaries that rpm didn't remove so I removed them and recompiled
some things.  gmc works after I recompiled it...no more missing icons
message.  I also recompiled gnome-core.  The panel is closer to working
...I get the arrows for pulling the panel out and putting it away and
I get the
gnome logo icon for menus but it is half off the bottom of my screen.
Also,
I have to use the right mouse button to bring up the gnome menus...wierd

is this user sett-able?

Should I re-compile other stuff or what else should I be looking for?

Darren King